INECON has played a distinctive role in the market liberalization and regulatory proceedings in the telecommunications sector in Chile and other countries in Latin America. In virtue of its recognized know-how, the firm has been commissioned to design specific methodologies for regulatory procedures aimed to enhance competition in these markets. INECON has a proven track record of over 25 years in the telecommunications sector, where it has participated in the most important regulatory innovations and rate review processes undertaken in countries in Latin America and the Caribbean. INECON’s telecommunications practice boasts ample recognition of the strength of its expertise, both by government agencies and private-sector clients and operators.
Our consultancy experience in the sector includes:
- Studies into telecommunications regulation.
- Service pricing and rate case proceedings.
- Development of bottom-up and top-down cost models―for fixed-line, mobile, and cable networks.
- Cost models for convergent network operations.
- Facility supply analyses.
- Studies into network element unbundling and interconnection.
- Enterprise resource management at telecom companies.
- Studies into spectrum management and optimization.
- Telecommunications service demand forecasting.
- Valuation of spectrum.
- Due diligence proceedings on telecommunications businesses.
- Studies into rural telephony development.
- Reviews or formulation of universal service policies and mechanisms for universal service provision.