In Chile, as well as in other countries in Latin America, the forestry sector exhibits growth and development to a significant extent. This basically stems from fast-growth industrial plantations and has brought about a vigorously growing industry. INECON has participated in this process through a series of economically-oriented studies with particular emphasis concerning:
- Analyses of woodland and forest utilization;
- Planning for forest exploitation, selection, lumbering, and sawmill siting;
- Forest timber sale and transport;
- Studies into forest timber industrialization;
- Market research for forestry products.